Wellness and general health
At Improve Your Smile we don’t just deal with teeth and gums; we care about the rest of you too. Bodily health has an impact on oral health – and we now assist with both. Our nutritional therapist Adele Dobson is able to assess what is happening within your body in connection with your lifestyle, increase your awareness of what influences how you are feeling, and help you manage your life patterns to achieve an improved state of well-being.
What health conditions does Improve Your Smile offer support for?
No matter what stage of life you are in, Adele can offer you guidance in managing your health and lifestyle to a more consistent state of wellness. As well as supporting you through times of change (pregnancy or menopause, for example), she can help with all the following issues:
- Digestive health – IBS, IBD (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s), diarrhoea, constipation, heartburn, indigestion, reflux, bloating, food intolerances, food allergies, coeliac
- Female and hormonal health – menstrual irregularities such as heavy and painful periods, thrush (candida), urinary tract infections, thyroid issues, adrenal issues, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, menopausal symptoms, and pre-natal and post-natal nutrition
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, ME and fibromyalgia
- Immune dysregulation / autoimmune disorders – allergies, asthma, food sensitivities, psoriasis, coeliac, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriatic arthritis
- Optimising nutrition for special diets – vegan, vegetarian, allergies, dairy intolerance, coeliac
- Optimising your general health
Adele Dobson, BA(Hons), AdvDipNutMed, MNNA, MIFM is an experienced health professional, applying a Functional Medicine approach where a person is seen as a ‘whole’ rather than a set of symptoms. She looks at a person’s history and genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors in relation to their long-term health, and may also recommend laboratory testing to gain a deeper understanding of the root cause of a health issue. As part of a dedicated programme of support, patients receive a personalised plan, recommending specific foods and supplemental nutrients.
Book a 15-minute pre-consultation for Wellness to chat with Adele on the phone or in person, and start your journey to better health! Your pre-consultation will cost £15.