Your protection and safety
As a dental practice, we work in an environment where the prevention of the spread of infections has always been woven into everything we do – but now we’re doing even more. All members of our team are now expert in new, safer methods of patient care, and the following safeguards have been put in place to protect both you and our team.
- An anti-viral clean air system is installed throughout the practice.
- All patients are asked to use hand sanitisers on entering the premises.
- A transparent screen at the reception desk makes safe communication easier.
- A staggered appointments system enables distancing between patients.
- Designated appointment times will be for vulnerable people only.
- Extra time has been added between appointments, for disinfecting rooms and for the air purification system to clean the air before you enter them.
- All our team members change into work clothes on arrival at the practice and change again before leaving.
- Surfaces including door handles, flushes in our washrooms, taps, etc. are regularly disinfected with a product 80 times more effective than bleach. While this is highly effective against Covid-19, it is non-toxic to people.
- At reception you will find screens at our reception desks, and our team wear visors.
- In our treatment roooms and elsewhere in the practice, extra layers of protection are worn by all staff. These include high-filtration masks, gowns, aprons, hats, eye protection and visors and all team members are trained in using personal protective equipment.
- Dental dams and other devices – We may use a sheet of material to isolate a tooth or teeth before we begin some treatments. Using powerful suction, we will keep you safe and comfortable while we carry out any treatment.
Always keeping you safe
We use an environmentally safe surface disinfectant, proven to be effective against coronavirus. Clinical and common areas, including door handles and surfaces, are regularly disinfected between patients, and we have introduced the ViruskillerTM technology air purification system throughout the practice. The ViruskillerTM neutralises airborne viruses and bacteria from the air before they are inhaled. We have installed VK401 Radic8 units from a leading name in clean air technology.
Our policies are continually reviewed and updated. If you have any questions, please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you at Woodford House – as always.
The Patient Care Team, Improve Your SmileBook an appointment