Your protection and safety
New measures in place
All the team at Improve Your Smile are now expert in new, safer methods of patient care. The following measures are in place to protect both you and our team:
- An anti-viral clean air system is installed throughout the practice
- Hand sanitisers are available
- A transparent screen at the reception desk makes safe communication easier
- A staggered appointments system enables distancing between patients
- Designated appointment times will be for vulnerable people only
- Extra time has been added between appointments, for disinfecting rooms and for the air purification system to clean the air before you enter them
- All our team members will change into work clothes on arrival at the practice and change again before leaving
- Surfaces including door handles, flushes in our washrooms, taps, etc. will be regularly disinfected with a product 80 times more effective than bleach. While this is highly effective against covid-19, it is non-toxic to people.
- At reception you will find screens at our reception desks, and our team will be wearing visors
- In our treatment roooms and elsewhere in the practice, extra layers of protection are worn by all. This includes high grade masks, gowns, hats, eye protection and visors
- Dental dams and other devices – We may use a sheet of material to isolate a tooth or teeth before we begin some treatments. Using powerful suction, we will keep you safe and comfortable while we carry out any treatment
Your co-operation is important too
Before you visit us
We will give you a courtesy call to ask about your general health and any possible symptoms of coughs, colds or other respiratory infections. We will ask about others in your close family circle too. Your appointment will be scheduled on the telephone, and we will ask you to pre-pay for your treatment planned for that day so interaction in person is kept to a minimum and waiting time at the practice will be reduced.
Patients at high risk
We know some of you come into the category of higher risk patients, especially the elderly and people with certain health issues. When we book your appointment we will discuss with you any special requirements you have. Your wellbeing is essential to us.
Coming to the practice
Please limit the number of personal belongings you bring with you into the practice as you will be unable to take them into the treatment room. On your arrival, we will greet you and ask you to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. In the treatment room we will ask you to use an anti-viral mouthwash to cleanse your mouth and throat. We are grateful for your understanding and co-operation.
Please find more information on measures we are taking for your safety here.
As always, we look forward to welcoming you at Woodford House.Book an appointment