New Patient Examination
SPECIAL OFFER – we are currently offering our New Patient Examination at the special price of £50 instead of £100. Book yours now!
Not all dental checkups are the same
Discover the difference at Woodford House. Our comprehensive oral health examination for new patients is designed to help you understand what is happening in your mouth, and to diagnose potential dental problems such as gum disease, acid erosion and excessive wear of the teeth.
What to expect as part of your New Patient Examination:
- A thorough examination of your teeth and any fillings, taking digital X-rays. Are your teeth healthy? Are there signs of damage or decay, or any bone loss?
- Your gums are evaluated to detect any disease – do they bleed?
- Digital photographs of your teeth – see what the dentist sees.
- Oral cancer screening – a review of the soft tissues, looking for any bumps or lumps.
- Your bite – how your upper and lower teeth meet. Are there signs of excessive wear and breaking teeth? Do you suffer from migraines, or pain in your jaw joints?
- Blood pressure – as part of our Wellness Dentistry approach we screen for signs of ill health. Many people are unaware their blood pressure is too high or too low.
If treatment is needed, the team at Improve Your Smile will work with you with a personalised plan to achieve your goals, whether you want better dental health, a more comfortable mouth or a more attractive smile – perhaps all three!
Ask us about cosmetic dentistry
Our first concern, of course, is your oral health. But if you might be interested in having cosmetic dentistry you’re in the right place for that too, so do ask! We will answer your questions and advise on appropriate procedures. Our dentists use smile-enhancing software which will show you what could be achieved in your particular case. Read more about cosmetic treatments at Improve Your Smile.
For an idea of costs, please see our list of treatment prices or talk to us at your New Patient Examination about the best choice for you. We may be able to suggest a way of spreading the cost of certain treatments – just ask. Find our Fee Guide here.