Dr Amjad Malik BDS DGDP RCS (UK)
In a career spanning more than 30 years during which he has continually updated his knowledge and technical skills, Dr Malik has accumulated a wealth of experience in treating patients. Having a particular interest in implants, bite disorders and reconstructive dentistry he is able to deal with a wide range of patients’ needs from routine care to jaw joint problems and heavily broken-down teeth. He is also highly skilled in aesthetic dentistry and short-term orthodontics including the ClearSmile Brace, ClearSmile Aligner and Inman Aligner processes.
Since graduating from the Birmingham Dental School in 1982 and subsequently gaining the DGDP RCS (Royal College of Surgeons, UK), Dr Malik has continued to add to his training to be in tune with advances in clinical and technological thinking. He has studied with some of the world’s most prominent implant experts including dental implant pioneer Dr Hilt Tatum, the UK’s leading implantologist Dr Ashok Sethi, and Dr Stuart Orton-Jones, known internationally for his lectures on Quality Dentistry. In 2011, Dr Malik completed an arduous 9-stage continuum studying Restorative Dentistry with Dr John C. Kois at the prestigious Kois Centre in Seattle, USA and has since become one of their mentors, training and advising dentists from all over the world. The centre concentrates on the latest advances in aesthetics, implantology and restorative dentistry. He has also studied Dental Occlusion, Temporomandibular Joint issues, and Comprehensive Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry at the Dawson Academy, UK.
Mentor, instructor and lecturer
As well as being an Kois Mentor, Dr Malik has mentored a number of students in the UK and has been an honorary lecturer at the Royal London Hospital. For many years he was a senior UK clinical instructor for the Rosenthal Institute’s Aesthetic Advantage course in London and New York. Both Dr Malik and his wife Moona – who is Practice Manager at Improve Your Smile – are involved in peer assessment, both of them being judges in the highly respected annual UK Dentistry Awards.
Memberships and affiliations
- Kois Mentor (Kois Center, Seattle)
- Fellowship from the International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Graduated from the Tatum Institute of Implantology
- Former honorary lecturer at the Royal London Hospital Dental School
- Member, Association of Dental Implantology (ADI)
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Member, British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD)
- Member, General Dental Council (GDC)
- Member, British Dental Health Foundation (BDHF)
- Member, Intelligent Alignment Systems Academy
- Instructor for Larry Rosenthal Courses